Sharing Group Events & News
The Carolinas Third Annual WWME Summer Picnic and Optional Camping Weekend on August 11, 2018.
(Camping Friday night the 10th and Saturday night the 11th)
Register now for the Worldwide Marriage Encounter Community Picnic/Camping Weekend! Come for just the picnic on Saturday or arrive a day early on Friday and stay the whole weekend.
Location: Badin Lake Group Camp Site in Uwharrie National Forest (Camping at Badin Lake Group Camp Sites)
Picnic Date/Time: Saturday August 11th from 2:30pm – 7:00 pm
- 3 pm Presentation, Dialogue, and Sharing
- 5:00 pm Community Cookout
- A Main Course will be provided
- You are welcome to bring a side or dessert to share
- Please bring your favorites drinks for you and your family
- Fun Activities and Games for the Kids and Adults, games fields will be open all day.
- The Uwharrie National Forest offers a fun, relaxing place for families to rest and play on the banks of Badin Lake.
- The area is a hub for outdoor activities such as hiking, off-road vehicle riding, hunting, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, and boating.
- Come early and use the camp site as your jumping off point, just be sure to be back for the presentation and dinner.
- The camp site is only a mile from the lake with plenty of parking at both teh campsite and lake front
- The lake has plenty of calm water for swimming, boating, or fishing for bass, bream, crappie, and catfish from four accessible fishing piers or the miles of shore line.
- Bring your boat and use the boat ramp to enjoy the entire lake.
Camping Dates: Camping sites available both Friday and/or Saturday night.
- Friday community dinner at approaximately 7pm
- Evening campfire with smores, pie irons and guitar music.
- If you live within 50 miles of the park you are welcome to bring firewood, if you have some.
- Hot Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Eggs to order, pancakes, bacon, sauasage, fruit
- Priests – No cost
- Picnic - $25 per family, (Please register as 'Encountered Couple' to get this rate)
- Camping and Picnic - $75 per family, (Please register as a 'Presenting Team' to get this rate)
- Fee's include campsite, Friday dinner and breakfast Saturday and Sunday, plus a whole lot of fun.
Please register online at: http://ncmarriagediscovery.org/enrichment.php
Please be sure and let us know how many are in your family and children's ages in the notes
Come build memories and friendships!
Download attached Picnic and Camping Flyer for more information.
Click here for the 2017 Community Picnic and Camping Information
Deployment Dialogue Tips for Military Couples
Deployments are never easy and as most military couples know, they can be hard on relationships. As a dual military couple and veterans of several long term deployments, we can honestly say that using the tools of the weekend, especially dialogue; can help keep you connected heart to heart. We know it is not easy and that in many cases daily dialogue as we learned it will not be possible, but with a little adjustment and effort couples can make dialogue happen and being able to connect on a feeling level can make all the difference in your relationship. The link below contains a file with some recommendations to help during this time.
We know that deployments and redeployments are never easy, but we believe that our WWME weekend strengthened our relationship and using the tools that we learned helped us to not only survive several, but to grow closer to each other. It is a Journey of Discovery…Enjoy!
Chris and Darla Phillips
(Both Retired US Army)
Click here for the Dialogue Tips for Military Couples